Friday, April 1, 2011

Tried it - Hated it!

Makeup lovers everywhere - I'm sure you all think I am a makeup snob, and only wear the pricey brands (ok, so I kinda play favorites...but listen up!) but I like to try ALL brands, regardless of drug store/dept store and price.  Because some of my favorite items are bargain brands!  So often I will see ads in my fashion mags for Maybelline or Cover Girl and I will try them out...so I had to try THIS:

L'oreal One Sweep Eyeshadow

The claim is that you sweep the applicator down, then sweep across your eyelid for a fool-proof graduated blend of color.

There are several colors


But I tried the "Playful for All Eyes" #829 which is the brown palette


And I just have to say, NO WAY!  Obviously the appeal is for either people who are challenged with eyeshadow application and they think this is going to give them expert blended color in one sweep, or its for super busy women who want to take 4-5 blending steps down to one in the morning.

It did NOT give the look that it claimed, in fact, I think it requires a waterproof base first, to make the color even show up!  The problem with the bargain brands is that they skimp on pigments (because they have to keep their price down) and the result is bland.

So save your $7, I wasn't impressed!

Here is an example of the "For Blue Eyes"



As you can see, there just aren't strong pigments.

Sorry ladies, but you just can't skip the blending efforts to create a knock-out eye look!

No comments:

Post a Comment