Although I am dedicated to wearing sun protection on my face, hands, neck and forearms EVERY day - when it comes to the Beach and laying in the sun, I like to use tropical smelling products with a higher SPF.
I treated myself yesterday to the 2 newest products by Hawaiian Tropic!
The NEW Shimmer Effect sunscreen and aftersun care!
First, the shimmer effect sunscreen comes in SPF 20 and SPF 40, and retails for $9.99
The mica minerals give you a natural glow, and reflect light, which actually makes you appear even-toned and more tanned! Perfect to apply when you get out of the shower, especially for legs and arms - you get sun protection and your skin tone looks amazing!
Straight from Hawaiian Tropic's Website:
Indulge and protect your skin with our line of Skin Beauty Protection products. Rich, creamy formulas infused with an exotic blend of flora and fruit extracts provide your skin with optimal coverage. With our signature tropical coconut scent!
Features & Benefits:• NEW lotion with prestige mica minerals
• Enhance and highlight your skin tone
• Formulated with our patented SunSure® Technology
- Tested in the natural sunlight!
- Less chemical sunscreens
- Advanced UVA protection
• Skin nourishing antioxidants and island botanicals
To follow it up, I purchased the aftersun shimmer lotion, also retailing at $9.99
The scent is Coconut Papaya, and its subtle and exotic!
The shimmer is just a sheen, not chunky glitter.
Remember ladies, sun exposure is the leading cause of wrinkles! Follow these tips to help prevent sun-related skin problems:
- Apply sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or greater at least 30 minutes before sun exposure and then every few hours thereafter
- Select cosmetic products and contact lenses that offer UV protection
- Wear sunglasses with total UV protection
- Wear wide-brimmed hats, long sleeved shirts, and pants
- Avoid direct sun exposure as much as possible during peak UV radiation hours between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Perform skin self-exams regularly to become familiar with existing growths and to notice any changes or new growths
- Eighty percent of a person's lifetime sun exposure is acquired before age 18. As a parent, be a good role model and foster skin cancer prevention habits in your child
- Avoid tanning beds