Friday, April 1, 2011

Splurge vs. Steal of the Day

I decided to put a drug store brand item up against a department store brand item - and I have the results of my Splurge vs. Steal below!

The item:  Liquid Eyeliner

I've been experimenting with different liquid eyeliner looks, made popular in fashion lately, see some examples:




So I decided to put up the SPLURGE:
Lancome Art Liner, Precision Point Liquid Eyeliner $29 (at major department stores and Sephora.com)
ARTLINER - Precision Point EyeLiner
And the STEAL:
Covergirl Line Exact Liquid Eyeliner $6.99 at Grocery and Drug Stores

Chosen because of its mention in the Allure Magazine 2007's Editor's Choice Award.

And I have to say that splurging on the Lancome is NOT necessary, the Cover Girl liner was exactly the same, even as far as how it wore throughout the day!

Winner:  Cover Girl!

Here are some ways to wear liquid eyeliner, you can be very classic and simple, by pulling the eye taught and sweeping a thin line across your lash line and them leaving it at a simple stop






You can also "wing" the ends to create a cat-eye or a retro-style




Don't forget that black isn't the only liquid eyeliner look you can try!


And you can go with a THICK and BOLD swipe, for this, I recommend MAC Liquid Eyeliner, because the applicator tip allows for a thicker line easier.  The technique to create this takes practice!





And for fun, I recommend adding color and sparkle!  Perfect for a night out!



No comments:

Post a Comment