Thursday, January 31, 2013

Mascara FAIL: Tried and Hated

Over the last three months, here are some of the mascaras I 'sampled' and did NOT like for the following reasons.  I will say, however, that my bestie has informed me that she loves the Buxom lashes mascara, so I should mention that this is just my opinion based on a week's use



Benefit's "They're REAL!"


-Terrible to remove, even with a tough makeup remover, this stuff clumped up and had to be scraped off
-VERY black pigment, which I like, but might be too harsh on others

Josie Maran's Argon Infused Natural Mascara

- Terrible brush
- Color ran under my eyes within hours

Stila's "Stay All Day"

- Terrible application, you feel like you need 10 coats
- Awful brush
- Product was drying

Tarte's Lash Hugger Natural Mascara

- Didn't like the brush
- Application was too 'thin' and didn't build length or volume

Bare Essentuals Buxom Lashes (with expandable brush)

LOVE the concept, didn't like the formula
- Clumpy
- Didn't notice much a difference when you change the brush

Sephora's Lash Plumper

- Brush was too thick
- Clumpy


No comments:

Post a Comment