Friday, June 28, 2013

Why You Should Give Cream Blush a Try

You'd be amazed how many people I turn on to cream blush!

I know it might seem intimidating - but try it and you'll realize it looks more natural and blends better than powder



You can go with my favorite method of application - the ring finger to dab just the tiniest bit of product onto the apples of my cheeks
My favorite brand of cream blush is Make Up For Ever's HD Blush, you squeeze a dot onto the hand and dip the ring finger in it and slowly flush the apples of cheeks.  This blush LASTS, doesn't melt and gives the perfect depth of color


For applying with a stippling brush (takes more time and gives the slightest hint of color that you and build and sculpt with the brush)  I like this for control and building color and also for when I'm contouring with the deeper shade

For a good compact cream blush, try NYX cream blush at Ulta for under $12
Remember: still dab excess of on back of hand even when using a brush!

Also, when using a stick blush, never apply from the stick to your face, the color will be too harsh, instead, dab with your ring finger and use that to apply to your face
My #1 Pick for those new to cream blush:
E.L.F's blush & bronze duo, $3

The pink is super peachy and natural on anyone and the deeper color works great when you have a tan or for contouring (see past post, you can search in the search box on top of the page)

My #1 Pick for the perfect neutral pink flush
Make Up For Ever #6 in "quickie"

My #1 Pick for something daring
NYX Cream Blush in "Red Cheek"




No comments:

Post a Comment