Monday, June 3, 2013

I'm Predicting One of the Hottest Trends of 2013

2012 was the year of "Nail Art" (which is still hugely popular!) and I think that 2013 is shaping up to be

The Year of Colored Lashes!

Falsies are already amazing, and as most of you know I add them to the makeup clients about 90% of the time, whether they are strip lashes or the individual long-wearing extensions!

Instead of only seeing colored lashes in zany bold shades in high fashion ads:


Companies are now releasing tinted false lashes, in softer tones that will either accentuate the color of your eyes, or can simply be added to match your eyeshadow look, check out these ones I used the other day that are plum-colored which is great for hazel or green eyes like mine!


So far my favorite are the Ardell (my #1 false lash brand) "Color Impact" lashes ($5), because they are the perfect amount of color, not too bold that it will overtake the look, but enough that it does really emphasize the eyes!


The demi length is my favorite, because it works on everyone


So far the plum shade has been the most versatile, but the blue ones are incredible too!


Katy Perry's False Lash Line by Eyelure has also released "Color Pop" ($7+ each)


which also has individual lashes now in various shades, which is SUPER exciting, because now they can be applied to last longer than one day!

I'm thinking that they will also look amazing if you mix up the colors a bit (I'll have to try that)

Again, the purple shade is my favorite in the Katy Perry collection


I've been seeing more and more colored lashes in fashion and makeup magazines, and I think it is about to go mainstream very soon!!!

Check out some of the looks I've seen:





If you aren't one for false lashes but you're into the colored lash trend, makeup companies are responding to this demand by introducing tons of colored mascaras!!

some of my favs that I've used and will stand by, are:

Chanel's Spring 2013 Collection Mascaras

(the yellow and aqua are incredible together!)


Make Up For Ever's Smokey Lash (these colors are standard and are carried year round!)


Pantone for Sephora Limited Edition Emerald (the color of the year!) Mascara




Colored lashes really make a statement on their own (here, applied in several coats)

and there isn't need for much other eye makeup, but it also works great with bold eye looks as a compliment to the colors and the drama!

What do you think - will you be in on this trend of colored lashes?!

No comments:

Post a Comment