Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Amazing Makeup Show!

The Makeup Show Chicago was a huge success, I loved being there and I am SO glad that I hoofed it all the way to the Second City for it!



Among the great vendors (and ridiculous deals!) were some keynote speakers and demonstrations that opened my mind up to some great artistic possibilities and the full day hands on workshop with THE Orlando Santiago really pushed my artistic side to combine what I know about color with working on the face in a whole new way!


As I made my way around the booths I was able to talk with super friendly cosmetic reps and other artists while they did demonstrations and let you test products!




I loved the seminar with Lijah Stewart, who is the head makeup Artist for Make Up For Ever


She did an incredible demonstration using the Make Up For Ever Flash palette

which she perfectly demonstrated how to create every color she used (yes - even foundation and concealer!) to create this fierce look

Then it was one of my fav moments, which was listening to Sutan (you may remember him from America's Next Top Model and the fun and sassy Makeup Artist or Ru Paul's Drag Race - he was the winner).  Sutan took questions from the audience and also shared intimate details of his life, family and experiences to all of us, while transforming his model, Sissy, into his own version of a Hindu God

I picked up some GREAT new brushes, nearly everything from Lijah's demonstration, as well as some fun stuff - like Velour Eyelashes

They are made from real Mink Fur (you get about 25 wears out of a pair!) I got the "You Complete Me"
You Complete Me
set, which have more volume and thickness on the outer corner.  They look so natural and are SO soft!


Check out their gallery

I also loved everything to do with Temptu, the airbrush company, not just the hands on demonstration "The Art of the Cover Up" with Tanya
Photo: Yesterday's class 'The Art of the Coverup' it was amazing!
In this class we learned how to cover everything from birthmarks to detailed tattoos!  I loved the way Tanya instructed us, and I think that I will be investing in the Temptu machine asap!

I hope you are following me on Twitter @RosaMBeauty and on Facebook as Rosa M Beauty to keep up with what I'm doing and what I'm into!

No comments:

Post a Comment