Monday, June 27, 2011

My Inspiration for Friday Night

I came across these photos of Sienna Miller with a wonderful hair style and a red-lip that I thought was totally glam for my big event on Friday.  I loved how her eye makeup was so subtle, so it almost made the look natural!



I managed to sneak a photo of my look from Friday, where I tried to copy the deep side part and the natural eyes with red lips!



my husband really liked it too!

So, here is what I did for hair:

For my hair, I usually find that I get much smoother strands when I blow dry it while its still pretty wet (if you let it air dry too much it tends to frizz).  I used a very heavy duty conditioner, WEN, to make it smooth, then blow dried on medium heat with a large natural hair brush



then I curled it in 2 inch sections with a 1" barrel curling iron, and used shine serum and LOTS of humidity protecting hair spray

After moisturizing I used a great primer and eye brightener:

My eye brightener is Benefit's "Ooh La Lift" which I apply around the eye area

For my primer I used Victoria's Secret Professional Makeup Primer with SPF 15

For my makeup I applied the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (my favorite)

and I did the Bare Minerals Faux Tan Matte Bronzer with a large blush brush in a circular motion to give a natural looking tan glow


Then I applied individual false lashes with temporary (1 day wear) glue


combined that with a VERY thin line of black eyeliner, for which I used Bare Essentuals Big and Bright Eyeliner

Then I used a silvery/black Chanel eyeshadow with an eyeliner brush to create some smudging at the corner of the eye, and blended it to a soft shimmer

"Black Magic" is part of the Spring 2011 collection and is still available at Chanel counters.  Its a great black that blends easy into a shimmery grey.

I also darkend my eye brows a bit with Cover Girl brow pencil in dark blond


Then, before applying blush and highlighter, I applied my lipstick (because the lipstick is so bold, I wanted to apply it first before deciding how much blush I needed)

I went with Bare Essentuals Pretty Amazing Lipcolor in 'Strength"

which is a super bold red!  PS- This color lasted FOREVER and looked great all night!  Here I am hours in, and no lipstick lines on my martini!


To work with the red lips, I applied a bright pink cream blush to the apples of my cheeks (I tried Make Up For Ever's HD Blush in "#6")

Then I used a highlighter to blend the bold blush and give a shimmer to my cheek bones, I am a huge fan of
Benefit "That Gal" highlighter


To give my neck and arms the same great highlighting I used Victoria's Secret "Rockin' Body" moisturizer, which has a tint to it, which event skin tone and gives a very subtle sheen


A good amount of work, but its fun to get all glammed up (my favorite past time besides shopping and blogging to you fashionistas about my favorite products!)

Keep in mind I do makeup for special events, and I CAN travel to you!  Send me a message for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment