Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Latest in Beauty Technology

Gadget lovers rejoice!  Now you have an excuse to buy new techie gear, and no, I'm talking about the latest iPad!

I'm about to introduce you to some awesome tech gadgets that are going to give you incredible skin!

"The Must-Have"

Clarisonic Mia Facial Cleansing Brush ($150 QVC, Sephora, Ulta)


If you don't have this brush you're missing out!!!  Go get one NOW (I really like buying from QVC, check out their site for when they are running a special or when they have a value pack, often times you will score a ton of extras, like cleansers, for no additional cost over the Sephora price!)
http://www.clarisonic.com/shop/sonic_skin_cleansing_systems/sonic_skin_cleansing_system_mia/index.php

Why you need it:
- It actually does CLEAN your skin, much more than your hands ever could
- The pulsating sonar soothes skin
- It prepares your skin to absorb your serums and treatment products 6x better

You do have to replace the brush heads (about every three months if you use 2x daily) and they reatil for appx $24 each, but you can find deals on them on Amazon.com for about $10 less!

"The Highly Rated"

The rave reviews just won't stop for this product!  Its the PMD Personal Microderm and it delivers seriously professional results to you at home and you can save hundreds of dollars by not having to go to the spa!



Let's Run Down the Benefits it Promises (and Delivers!)
-Smoother, Brighter, Tighter Skin
-Reduction in Redness
-Heals Acne
-Reduces Pores
-Minimizes fine lines
-Removes pigmentation and sun spots

Take a look at some user review photos, people LOVE this product!




I love this one of before and after for fine lines


So I decided that I needed to use this product on some of my acne scars and for a few freckles - so I watched this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IAwhBXwbm4&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL16820228C4C5A13C

I've used the product a few times on my jaw, chin and my hands and although it is too soon to notice how effective the treatment is, I didn't think it was too harsh or irritating - but my skin was pink and a bit sensitive after.  I also didn't think that it was particularly difficult to use, but I did feel that it was time consuming to do the entire face.

The kit is $160, which is about the cost of two microderm abrasion sessions at a spa, and the kit provides many discs that will last you months of consistent use.  Overall I would also give this a high rating and it is worth the money for the results you're bound to get with once a week use.

"The Best Anti-Aging Technology"

This $250 LED light called LightStim, is taking technology that has been used by plastic surgeons and dermatologists for years and puts it in the palm of your hand for easy at-home treatments

There are three different types of lights (not interchangeable)
LightStim for Wrinkles
Reduce And Eliminate Fine Lines And Wrinkles
Restore Your Skin’s Youthful Appearance
Stimulate The Production Of Collagen And Elastin

LightStim for Acne
Heal and calm existing breakouts
Destroy acne-causing bacteria to minimize future breakouts
Restore your skin's clear and healthy appearance

LightStim for Pain
Temporarily relieve arthritic, muscle and joint pain
reduce inflammation and stiffness and increase
blood circulation, speed healing, and diminish bruising

I will specifically discuss the LightStim for Wrinkles, because my fabulous mother purchased, used and told me about LightStim (I have something similar for the acne below)

What LightStim is all about:

Just like plants, our skin and other body tissues have the ability to absorb light and convert it into energy. Plants can safely absorb light from the sun, but the sun emits harmful UV rays that can do more damage to our skin than good.

LightStim uses LED light therapy to deliver light energy in a similar way plants absorb light energy from the sun. LightStim emits UV-free, beneficial light rays that energize cells and stimulate the body's natural process to build new proteins and regenerate cells

Light Therapy sessions in a salon can cost several hundred dollars over the course several weekly visits, so the price on this light, with hundreds of hours of use, is well worth it and it WORKS!

I've been using something similar I'm reviewing in my next post, which I've mentioned before, the Tanda Zap

"Best On-the-go Beauty Technology"


$50 at Sephora

The Tanda Zap is a brilliant Acne Treatment product that I LOVE and use all the time!  This blue LED light (see LED technology above) kills acne bacteria and helps skin heal blemishes and reduce redness/discoloration.  When used at the onset of a blemish, and consistently 2-3 times per day, it will clear the blemish up in half the time!

It might sound cumbersome, but you simply hold it on the spot for 2 minutes, its automatic timer will stop it!  It also is small and convenient to take with you!  (I've been known to use it in the car - it even has a key ring on it).  It runs on AAA batteries, but you get a ton of use out of it - hundreds of hours.

I'm really a fan of the LED Technology!  In mine, and my mom's, opinion - IT WORKS!


Rosa & Mom Discussing Important Beauty Matters


So there you have it!  The LATEST in Beauty Technology!  And you know, if you'll spend $500 on an iPad, then you can invest $250 in an LED Light that will make you look younger, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment