I've been a fan of Urban Decay's 24/7 liner for a while, and when I saw that Buxom, a line I used to be very into, came out with smudging eyeliners - I decided to purchase a few a do a comparison!
Urban Decay 24/7 Liner - The Returning Champ $18 at Ulta and Sephora
1. Amazing color selection
2. True pigment gives you perfect color
3. Semi-creamy, so they do glide on
4. You can smudge them right away
5. Once they 'set' they are on for the long haul
1. If you over-apply, you will notice that the color might run a bit
Buxom Hold-the-line Waterproof Liner $17 at Sephora
1. True pigments give great color application
2. Nice smooth consistency
3. Free of sulfates and other harsh chemicals
4. STAYS PUT
1. Limited color selection
It's a tough conclusion to make - especially since the price point isn't a factor. So I've decided that if you are looking for an every day shade of liner - try the Buxom out, you might really like the staying power. But if you're looking for more vibrant colors - then you can't go wrong with the Urban Decay.