Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Spotlight on Hourglass

hourglass
The revolutionary brand, founded by renowned beauty expert Carisa Janes, is acclaimed for its breakthrough formulations, technological innovations, and unwavering commitment to reinvention. Infused with groundbreaking active ingredients, the complexion products create unbelievably surreal skin. Distinguished by sensorial textures, modern color collections, and sleek custom packaging, Hourglass puts the art in state-of-the-art.
(from the Hourglass website)

I have tried some samples of Hourglass products, most notably their Veil Mineral primer ($52)
Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15
which is very nice (but for the price I've found comparable ones) but I never really went back to the brand.  A few months ago, they launched a set of highlighting compacts and when I saw them in person I swooned, they are stunning!


Each one of these 6 compacts is more beautiful than the next - but I love the pink-toned one called "Mood Light"

At $45 each they are a splurge, but the pigment went a long way and I LOVE that they are multi-use.  For example, you can dust them all over with a fluffy brush for an all over subtle glow, or you can use a blunt smaller brush to apply to specific areas in a more concentrated way - to really bring light to your face.  They never look glittery or greasy - basically, they are the classy woman's sparkle!!!

Newly launched is the Femme Nudes Lip Stylo Collection

and I don't know what I love more, the packaging or the product!!  Six shades to choose from at $30 each
http://www.sephora.com/femme-nude-lip-stylo-P381207?icid2=Hourglass_Editors_Picks _P381207_link

and you're basically choosing the exact shade of nude for your skin tone

they are are in a similar color range, some warmer than others, but ALL are complimentary!  I went for the palest and the deepest just to have some range - and I know now that you can't go wrong with ANY color they offer!

The shades:


Not only does the application feel glam because it is so hydrating, but the color is gorgeous and its the perfect compliment to simple every day looks or even when you are creating a nude look that will LAST:



I also love that they self-sharpen by twisting up!  So convenient!  This will be a staple in my purse going forward!

Stop in to Sephora to pick up one of the new lip stylos and grab a sample of their primer to try - you might just find your next splurge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment