Saturday, March 5, 2011

WEN Haircare Product Review

Have you seen the infomercial for WEN haircare?  The one with Alissa Milano and the creator, Chaz Dean?

He promises to improve your hair drastically, with a "cleansing conditioner" product.


I had to give this a try after seeing the before and after looks on the infomercial.  So I purchased the mint cleansing conditioner

when I read the directions, it says 20-26 pumps, which seemed like a third of the bottle, I can't imagine using that much!  So I used about 8 pumps.  Here is my reaction:
  • The product smelled and felt amazing
  • My hair dried faster
  • My hair was so incredibly soft and easy to style (I use it only on days I am going to straighten my hair)
  • My hair seemed a bit greasy the next morning, even with a dry shampoo I couldn't get away with it, and I don't have a particularly oily scalp
  • When my hair is very dirty (oily, hairspray, etc) this product doesn't give me the cleansing I need, I use a bit of regular shampoo first, then the WEN product
  • When I use the treatment and let my hair airdry, my naturally wavy hair looks more defined and curlier
From Chaz Dean's website, here are some of the product ingredients:

Glycerin: provides moisturizing benefits to the hair. One of the best humectants and has natural moisturizing properties.
Chamomile Extract: designed to help add sheen and highlights. Used for its soothing, calming properties.
Cherry Bark: designed to bring out color, shine & softness in all shades of natural and color-treated hair. Formulated to help with the manageability of your hair.
Rosemary Extract: designed to condition, tone and strengthen hair. Is an invigorating toner and astringent.
Panthenol: helps to promote and restore resilience. A penetrating moisturizer that plumps the hair shaft to make it appear thicker. Designed to reduce split ends, smooth, strengthen and seal in moisture.
Sweet almond oil: designed to contribute conditioning and glide to hair, as well as a conditioned feel to the skin. Softens, soothes and is an excellent moisturizer for the hair.

I love this trio of products as well, the lavender smells awesome

I read through the product reviews online and overall people highly reccomend and say incredible results.  I agree that its a great product.  I can't say that its the right one for oily or curly hair, because I haven't known anyone with that type to try it.  But for the $30 starter kit, I think its a great buy.



To order, go to http://www.wenhaircare.com/select.php
Here are some user reactions:

Using Wen cleansing conditioner is like rediscovering your hair from early childhood when it was so soft and silky because it wasn't bogged down with hair product and the stress of using hair dryers and curling irons. I love to let my hair air dry after using Wen, it's naturally curly and dries with a soft curl that looks and feels beautifully soft and silky this way!

Fantastic
Date: 06/11/2010
I have just received my second shipment of Wen, and I can't wait to jump in the shower and use it!
It leaves my hair feeling very soft and manageable. I have always used high end hair care products on my hair. It is very wavy, color treated, and usually on the dryer side. I used a hair dryer and Chi flat iron on my hair almost every day. If I allowed it to air dry, it would be somewhat frizzy and out of control. Since I've been using Wen, I can allow it to air dry which makes the little curls I have appear smooth and pretty.
 
AWESOME PRODUCT!!! I can not say enough how unbelievable all of these products are! They smell great, easy to use and REALLY, REALLY WORK!! You have to try this, you will be losing nothing but dry, damaged, dull hair! I promise!

I'd be interested to hear any other reactions if you've tried it!  Please leave a comment!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment