Tuesday, March 8, 2011

OPI's Crackle Nail Polish

This is so hot for Spring/Summer 2011!!  OPI's new crackle nail polish top coat.  With a new host of colors by Katy Perry as the base, you can create this fun new look on your nails!




You start with a base coat in any of the new fun colors (I am a HUGE fan of the one on the right, 'Teenage Dream' which is a light pink with a LOT of sparkle).  You have to let the color dry completely, I would say at least an hour, before applying the shatter top coat (do not use any other clear coat or top coat in between).  Once the shatter polish is applied, you can put a clear coat over it for longevity.

Serena Williams debut in nail polish also was with a crackle look, this one with a green/gold base:



I searched the Internet for reviews and here are some pics and comments!


I just applied 2 coats of Not like the movies let it dry
Then one coat of shatter and one top coat

Applied shatter just like nail polish it will
Separate. I thought I have to use a lighter consistency

I am so loving it



I am loving Smash-ing, but agree with most of you that Shatter ends up looking like pieces of a black rubber inner tube on top of my nails. Liking the Crackles from CG way better in application spread. For those of you upset that KP sold out too fast, don’t stop looking (and don’t pay top prices on eBay)…OPI is making more of the collection due to contracts they could not fill with the first original run.

i got not like the movies with black shatter topcoat and it looks amazing!! it was really cool to see it happen too (: i love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment