Monday, May 21, 2012

2 Summer Hair Tips you MUST Do!

As I was gazing out on the lake this past weekend, and thinking about all the swimming and fun-in-the-sun to come, I remembered that we are about to usher in the harshest season on our hair - and I wanted to share my two never-fail tips that keep my hair (and it's color) looking great all summer season!

FIRST:  Use a once or twice weekly hair glaze.  A glaze protects color and seals strands for days, which not only protects your color from fading in the sun, it also closes the cuticle so that there is less breakage when you comb your wet hair. (remember:  NEVER brush wet hair, use a wide tooth comb.  Wet hair is the most susceptible to damage). 

I use Fekkai's Salon Glaze Clear Shine Rinse once a week all year, and it makes my hair so smooth and soft, while boosting shine like nothing else! ($22 at Ulta, Lord & Taylor or anywhere that sells a full line of Fekkai)


SECOND:  Always wet hair before swimming, whether its in a pool, lake, or ocean!  Soaking hair with clear water before swimming keeps the hair from absorbing any chemicals (pool) or harsh minerals (lake/ocean) that strip hair and kill color and shine.  Trust me, it makes a HUGE difference!!!!


If you color your hair, look for products with UV protectants - using at least one (but the more the merrier) can help you keep your color looking great!  (Try Alterna, Aveno and Fekkai)

Follow those 2 tips and your hair will stay soft, manageable and have brilliant color longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment