Friday, October 11, 2013

BTS Paris Fashion Week from MAC MUA's

I weeded through the 142 photos posted by MAC Makeup Artists (mua's) on all the social media outlets and picked out the ones that I think are relevant and on-trend for those of us who aren't walking the catwalk (as much as I wish I was!)

Applying coral/peach lip balm to the lips directly with your finger


Why?  Because it 'pushes' the color into lips, making an instant long-wearing stain and it also looks more natural.  This technique works great with dark colors too!

Keeping it classic with a liquid lined eye and berry lips


Note how the lip color was applied on primed lips with a lip brush - there is hardly ever a reason to apply lip color right from the tube!


MUAs for MAC applied primer to the lid area that was transparent.  By not using a primer/base with shimmer or tone, you get the true integrity of the shadow


Look how cool that blush brush is!  I've never seen anything like it!!!!  Its perfect for the apples of the cheeks!


One of my favorite techniques is brushing on mascara with a fan brush!  It avoids clumps, and basically 'stains' the lashes to add subtle drama


Ooh, MAC "Prep & Prime" I will have to pick one up - I love that its a neutral flesh tones primer without shimmer


A flat, smooth brush is ideal for apply shadow creme in precisely the spot you want!


I'm not sure why, but I am SO drawn to this tiny pop of color on the eyes - its so unique but not so out of this World that you can't try it!


How it looked from a front view:


There is something about sky blue and bright orange, I love it!  Oh, and I saw this exact same color combo at NY Fashion Week over the summer!


Classic smudged liner:

Very MOD:


My dream is to one day be a part of this craziness!


So there you have it!  A look at what's hot for Fall as told by Paris Fashion Week MUA's behind the scenes!

What's your favorite?!


No comments:

Post a Comment