Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Golden Globes Trend Watch: Nude Nails and Red Lips!

One trend I noticed at the 2011 Golden Globes on Sunday, besides the 145 carat necklace worn by Freida Pinto (Hey girl!), was the nude nails and red lips trend.

Nude and blush dresses were all the rage too, with incredible looks by Kate Beckensale and Julie Bowen
kkkkate-beckinsaleap1201150.jpg


So the perfect compliment is a short-tipped nude nail



My top nude nail polish are deborah lippmann's "Naked" and Essie's "Barefoot"



As for the red lip trend, that is not a surprise, matte wine-red lips were introduced by Chanel and Dior early in fall, and the trend was set for the remainder of winter - which is, that a deep stained matte finish red goes with everything this winter, and even into April!!

The goddess that is Angelina Jolie wowed us (and not just because Brad Pitt was on her arm) with pulling off the two biggest trends at once:  the nude dress with the red lip!



The liquid lined cat-eye, with subtle blush, flawless complexion, and bold red lip - how can you argue that she was an all-around winner on Sunday?

I am also obsessed with her perfectly done up-do, a simple twist/bun that shows off her glossy highlighted hair


For the red-lip trend I HIGHLY recommend (because I am wearing it right now) the Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in "#40, La Sensuelle" and my personal favorite, "#39, La Somptueuse" which is a red-orange and works on all skin tones!
 
 Other red-lipped celebrities on the RED carpet


But maybe you can help me out here readers, I can't decide who was best-dressed!!  I narrowed it down to my two (unexpected) favorites

The first is Nicole Kidman, who had under-whelmed me the last few red carpets she walked, but in this silver and gold number, with her pale skin and red hair - I can't look away! 


But then again, Evan Rachel Wood blew my mind in this Gucci creation made from thousands of pallettes and peacock feathers!


I do have a few honorable mentions:
Sofia Vegara


Helen Mirren (Incredible!)


and shockingly, Nicole Richie wowed me in a 60's-esq getup

No comments:

Post a Comment