Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Shocking SPLURGE vs STEAL Results!

Today my SPLURGE vs STEAL is a shocking one, because I did not anticipate that I would choose the ___________!  (obviously I am going to make you read on!)

The SPLURGE:
WEN Cleansing Conditioner, $30

PRO's
-Revives unhealthy hair in one use
-If you wear naturally wavy hair, this product works incredibly to fight frizz and make waves more pronounced
-No harsh sulfates or chemicals, so it prolongs your hair color

CON's
-Cost, its an infomercial and QVC product, so its not cheap
-A majority of the scents are terrible.  The only one I find tolerable is the Vanilla Mint
-You are supposed to use up to 20 pumps in one application, which is insane!  Too much product weighs the hair down and makes it greasy!

-Its also difficult to get a second day out of your hair without washing, unless you have a very dry scalp

The STEAL:
L'Oreal's EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner, $6.99

PRO's
-The cost is so cheap!  (and you're getting more than the WEN!)
-The scent is very soft and not over-powering
-Worked great for me when i went naturally wavy or blowed out my hair straight!
-You only need 5-6 pumps for each wash
-Also no harsh sulfates or chemicals

CON's
-A little heavy, if you have greasier scalp, try the EverCreme regular nourishing shampoo and conditioner, it also works great but isn't as thick

So the choice is....the STEAL!  Yes, this $6.99 drug story beauty product busts up the expensive competition! (Sorry Chaz Dean!)


So far I like the entire EverCreme line, and I think it is a great beauty buy!  Have you tried WEN?  Are you going to switch?

No comments:

Post a Comment