Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mixed Opinions on: Heated Eyelash Curlers

To heat or not to heat?  THAT is the question!!!

Women have been holding a blow dryer on their eyelash curler to "heat" the metal before manually curling their eyelashes for decades - so several cosmetics companies decided to cash in on the concept and produce heated eyelash curlers!  The opinions are mixed, I've read 100s and its a 50/50 split on whether buying a pre-heated element is better than just warming up your traditional curler.

So I break it down for you:

Traditional Eyelash Curler:


Heated Eyelash Curler:


I've ignored the product for quite some time, mostly because my stubbornly straight lashes refuse to conform, so when I really need bold lashes I use eyelash extensions (which are perfectly curled).  But now that Dior has come out with a heated curler, I am very tempted to try it!
DiorShow Heat Curl Heating Lash Curler
Diorshow is one of the best selling mascara lines, so it goes without saying that there will be a cult following of this curler as well.

What you need to know:
-Retails for $25 at Sephora
-Can be used on 'naked' lashes and/or after mascara is applied
-Takes up to 2 minutes to fully heat up!
-Has two selections to control the amount of curl
-Comes with cleaning brush

To purchase:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P303604


How the price compares to others:
Panasonic (which uses a heat pad instead of heated brush) retails for $20
Panasonic EH2331P - <em>Eyelash curler</em>
Japonesque (best knows for their beauty tools, sold at Ulta) $12
Japonesque <em>Heated</em> Mini <em>Eyelash Curler</em> - Black
ModelCo $50
ModelCo <em>Lash</em> Wand <em>Heated Eyelash Curler</em>


So, will you be splurging on this new beauty tool?

2 comments:

  1. I must admit, I like my heated eyelash curler. It works a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! I will investing in the Dior version asap!

    ReplyDelete