Monday, October 3, 2011

Foiled Lips!

I took a short break from blogging, my day job is keeping me TOO BUSY!  Thanks for your patience, and now I am back with a new trend I just spotted - FOILED LIPS!

Perhaps it was inspired by the cutest of Valentine's Day candies, the little chocolate lips...


but the look is BOLD and flirty!  And I'm liking it!



This look is typically seen 'in costume' when actors and models are in drastic makeup:



Essentially, what you are looking for is TONS of light-reflecting pigments that will give your lips a metallic shine (not a glossy shine)

For fall, I love the reds and oranges in this metallic look



Kat Von D of Tattoo fame just launched a "foiled lipstick" that has these metallic pigments that give your lips that unique shine
Foiled Love Lipstick
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P290801

$18 only at Sephora

I'm liking the color 'valentine'


The shimmer is very bright!


So that's what on the lipstick trend right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment